High Fidelity Wraparound Training Institute
Due to the recent events with the Coronavirus, all training classes have been moved to a live, virtual platform with limited registration spots.
Upcoming Trainings for 2021:
Where: Live, virtual
Time: Tuesday – Friday 9AM – 4:00PM Eastern Time Zone
Register by clicking on one of the dates below:
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Participants who attend the entire Wraparound Practitioner Training Institute can receive 21 CEUs.
The Florida Certification Board (FCB) has recognized the NCFIE as an Approved Education Provider. This accreditation certifies that the NCFIE has successfully fulfilled all necessary requirements to be an approved provider of continuing education units (CEUs) for addiction, case management, mental health, and peer service providers.
Wraparound Certification is available through the National Wraparound Institute, a four-day training program consisting of two tracks including:
• Track 1: Competency-Based Practitioner Certification for those seeking credentialing as a wraparound practitioner.
• Track 2: Proficiency-Based Administrator Certification for those who train, supervise, manage and/or provide administrative oversight of Wraparound programs and staff; and for those who provide technical assistance, coaching, and fidelity monitoring to Systems of Care and Wraparound Programs.
After successful completion of pre and post work and an examination, participants can achieve a two-year certification in an average of 6-12 months. Training is based on a proven, evidence-based, and nationally-recognized case practice standards and criteria for conducting High Fidelity Wraparound.
The Institute will build the core competencies necessary to successfully engage youth and families and adhere to the principles of practice in carrying out all phases of Wraparound activities including: the strength and cultural discovery process, care coordination, constructing and conducting family team meetings, the incorporation of natural and community supports, cultural competence, and the role and function of a family and youth partner.
The training can be provided specifically for your community upon request.
What to Expect
- 4 Days of Intensive Training Leading to two tracks of certification: Competency-Based Practitioner and Proficiency-Based Administrator
- 12 Hours of Remote Technical Assistance & Consultation (Over 90 Days)
- Learn from the nation’s leading experts in High Fidelity Wraparound
- Network with peer professionals with varied backgrounds and experiences
- Understand and identify the System of Care Principles and Values
- Understand and identify the Principles and Values of Wraparound and the four stages
- Understand and identify the principles of family/youth involvement in a System of Care and Wraparound
- Examine the impact of culture on the Wraparound process
- How to create a climate conducive for high fidelity wraparound in mandated systems
- Identify and understand the 3 components of Safety Planning
- Describe and utilize a strength-based approach to engage families
- Implement strength-based strategies to provide services and supports that are individualized to the needs of the child
and the family
- Understand how to define and prioritize the needs of a family
- Practice needs discovery and goal writing
- Describe key strategies for the facilitation of effective Wraparound Team meetings
- Demonstrate how to facilitate a Wraparound Team Meeting
- Learn Impact of Early Successful Models and Similarities
- Recognize the Long-Term Benefits of Wraparound
- Identify Factors that Impact Wraparound Outcomes
- Explore Methods in Getting Staff Acclimated to the Culture of Wraparound
- Learn How to Use and Identify Informal and Natural Supports
- Develop Advanced Family and Youth Engagement Skills
- Review Pre Planning and Engagement Activities and Strategies
- Clarify Strength Discovery Process and How to Develop Family Vision Statement
- Address Challenges of Team Development
- Learn Consensus-Building Process and Recognize Barriers to Success
- Define Pre Planning Activities leading to Successful Family Team Meetings
- Clearly Define Outcomes and Write Effective Care Plan Statements
- Examine Coach Practitioners around Complex Issues
- Practice Skills in the Role Play of Wraparound
- Recognize the Value of Fidelity in the Wraparound
- Introduce Tools to Coach, Mentor and Develop Wraparound Practitioners
- Introduce Use of Wraparound Fidelity Instruments
Who Should Attend?
Content and activities are intended to benefit wraparound program staff at all levels, including:
- Care Coordinators
- Case Managers
- Family and Youth Partners
- Technical Assistance Staff
The certification programs are designed to enhance and or develop essential skills, proficiency, and core competencies in wraparound. Agencies are encouraged to send Wraparound Teams to maximize the use of post-training technical assistance and consultation services.
Why Should You Attend?
Previous participants have said:
“Hands down the best training I have ever been to.”
“I enjoyed listening to people’s experiences and learning ways to handle different situations.”
“I appreciated the opportunity to put knowledge into practice and receive relevant feedback.”
“The materials, expertise of presenters, training flow, group interactions, and open discussion were all outstanding.”
Registration and Fees
To apply for the Intensive Wraparound Training Institute program and certification, please complete the application here, include a copy of your resume, your role, and title, a narrative describing the service environment in which Wraparound is/will be utilized, and the profile of the population served. Preference will be given to teams, but individuals are welcome to apply. Please identify the site name and team members on your application.
For those seeking certification, following the 4-day training program, attendees receive 12 hours of remote technical assistance and consultation.
This intensive training is limited to 20 participants. Review Participant Requirements Here.
$1,950 per person for competency or proficiency certification track
$750 per person for non-certification track (training only)
Includes: 4 days of intensive training and 12 hours of remote technical assistance and group consultation provided over 90 days for those in a certification track.
Please fill out this form and click on the checkbox to be added to our mailing list and hear about future training classes. You can also find us on Facebook or LinkedIn by clicking on the icons at the bottom of this page.